Saturday, February 6, 2010

West Point Bridge Designer 2010

After all of the bugs in version 2007, could they have fixed some
No
Instead, they have created a limitation on imagination and determined that a cable bridge does not exist. Shame!!!!
My first born played with the pragram from when he was 4 and came up with some amazing designs, which no longer are viable in the new version. If the realism was not correct, then the fix should have been to make it more realistic(after 3 years) rather than basically banning cable and reqiring box section for cable. It is now less reaistic than ever and has basically banned cable and suspension bridges.

You call yourself engineers

My kids won't be using the new program

I hinders imagination

Crash

6 comments:

Crash said...

Of course it was me, and I still stand by my comment. I have apologized to the author of the program for my rudeness, but contrary to his reasoning, not all bridges with suspended decks such as the suspended arch bridge have cable anchorages. "Tied arch" or bow string arches also do not require anchorages, but require tension to keep the horizontal and vertical forces in equilibrium. By making these type bridges less economical and limiting the building components that can be used on them, I very much think the new program stifles imagination. In hindsight, I don't think any of the programs have made suspension bridges competitive. Who wants to live in a world of trestle bridges?

Crash

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
靜如 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.